Saturday, February 22, 2014

inspiration is everywhere

A few months ago I went to Bangkok for a few days. It was the first time I was there and I loved the city. What I liked most was the warmth you feel everywhere in the city, the soft colors, the omnipresence of gold, and how every part I went to inspired me.
I made some photos of some details I found around me on walls of temples. For those of you who know me, you are aware that flowers play an important part of my life, and more importantly of my craft. Here are a few of the photos to inspire you for the weekend.
Njoy!



I love those flowers. very simple yet powerful. a few layers of several sizes and colors, and here you are! the second photo with what looks like a plate is amazing! I remember seeing some in a temple in Dalat in Vietnam. I have made some as brooches in many different materials, in a similar manner.




Aren't those colors amazing. I realize that since I live in Asia and have a lot more sun in my life, my relationship to colors have changed. When you live in a grey country with lots of rainy days, you have a tendency to wear dark colors, but now in Hong Kong I wear all those colors and mix them all together. It feels good to do so. 



I like this mix of gold/blue/green/yellow and white. Maybe I should o back to work and create a bracelet like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment